- New York, NY
About the Role
The Splice Music Content Team is responsible for our catalog of over 2 million samples as well as driving the acquisition, creation, and merchandising of new content. Our goal is to provide our users with unprecedented access to the world’s best collaborative content (e.g. samples, presets), generate sustainable revenue and exposure for content providers (e.g. artists, labels, sound designers), and acquire music rights that will enable Splice to develop new products and business models.
In the Catalog Manager role, you will be directly supporting our external partners and in-house production team, helping prepare world-class content for release on our storefront and ensuring the highest level of quality across our ever-growing catalog.
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do
- Upload and assign tags to a range of creative content (e.g. samples, presets) for release on Splice Sounds
- Collaborate with fellow team members and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the smooth launch of new content
- Build and maintain processes to track an ever-evolving content pipeline
- Review both incoming and existing content from third parties to ensure adherence to Splice quality & originality guidelines
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams on improved tooling and classification systems that serve Catalog team needs
- Be a trusted representative of Splice to our users and business partners
Who You Are
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of electronic music production experience
- You have a wide knowledge of musical instruments, and a passion for digital tools that ease the creative process.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of both established & contemporary music genres, as well as current trends shaping the landscape.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to effectively meet deadlines and hold your own work accountable.
- Highly organized, collaborative, self-starter with excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You're autonomous. You take ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel, Asana, and G-suite
- You share our vision of cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth
- You care about quality
- You have experience working at high-growth organizations
- You are familiar with the Splice Sounds platform, audio samples, and VST presets
- You have a love for creator culture
- You have a deep understanding of music production and audio processing
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Back to top