Sr. Marketing Manager
Who you are: Are you a savvy marketer who loves to help drive hyper growth at top accounts? Do you embrace the challenge of crafting marketing plans to turn key customers into brand fanatics? Have you high-fived your sales team when your killer account-based marketing strategy injects new biz opps into the pipeline? If so, Spiceworks just might have a sweet position for you! We’re looking for a take-charge Sr. Marketing Manager who can tap into their creative toolbox to deliver highly targeted programs that marketing execs and their team of tech marketers from the likes of Dell, Lenovo, and VMware just can’t get enough of. Sound like you? Read on.
Who we are: Spiceworks, an Austin-based startup, is transforming how tech products (hardware, software and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT pros around the world. How do we keep it free? Over 3,000 tech brands (like CDW, Dell, and Dropbox) market through Spiceworks to reach these IT pros. Since IT pros have historically been a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them reach this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media”
Your Mission: What will you do?
- Working in lock-step with our key account sales directors, you’ll create marketing programs (and make them happen!) to meet key account revenue goals.
- Know the ins-and-outs of a tech marketer’s life at those accounts so you can understand their goals, pain points and personalities to craft spot-on messages that ultimately get ‘em drinking the orange Kool-Aid and buying our solutions.
- Work with your fellow motley crew of talented marcommers and demand gen’ers to customize programs that reach top accounts through several channels (online, email, social, events and more!)
- Cultivate customer relationships and build an arsenal of handy content and case studies that tech marketers at top accounts would LOVE.
- Infuse all Spiceworks touch points with the spicy vibe that sets us apart from the traditional tech brands.
- Keep a keen eye on large enterprise sales cycles while adapting marketing programs to help close open opps and engage new buyers.
- Experiment. You’ll win some, and lose some. So, you’ll use your right brain to measure ROI of your account marketing, learn from it and put that left brain to good use to make your programs even spicier and better than ever!
What does it take to do this job?
- 7 or more years in field marketing, key account based marketing, demand gen, biz dev or account management experience in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding professional environment (clock-in, clock-out sounds boring to you!)
- A PASSION for marketing and the skill set to prove it – with campaigns that drove revenue that’s directly attributable to your marketing masterminding
- Out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects flawlessly under tight project deadlines (doing one thing at a time makes you yawn!)
Back to top