Sr. Business Analyst
Who you are: Do you see data as more than just a jumble of digits? Do you jump into the numbers like it’s a playground, full of nuggets of info that can transform how a business operates? Then we might have the job for you! Spiceworks is looking for a detail-oriented, data fanatic who’s ready to dive deep into the Spiceworks database, analyze the ins-and-outs, and use those findings to help drive new business and keep current customers coming back!
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software, and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT professionals around the world. Thousands of tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”
Your day-to-day (as a Senior Business Analyst, you’ll):
- Use analytical know-how, SQL and other relevant language(s), and super-human Excel skills to spot key business insights, trends, and opportunities in our vast database of hundreds of millions of records
- Help interpret and communicate your findings in a way that’s easily understood by the average, non-data guru (e.g., executives, marketers, and sales staff)
- Help drive new business and support existing clients by pulling stats that play a key part in helping our sales team close deals and improve current customer campaigns
- Interact with internal and external clients to extract, interpret, and communicate data
- Draw out key business insights and provide actionable recommendations
- Develop graphs/dashboards/metrics from raw data to help show ROI to customers
- Put together compelling (but easily understood) presentations to help the sales team close deals and retain business
- Compile recurring dashboards to track performance for customers
- Act as point of contact and leader on the Analytics team throughout the organization for all products/projects under your purview
What does it take to do this job?
- 5–7 years in an analyst role (or similar work experience)
- SQL/Database expertise: Queries are your best friend!
- Out-of-this-world Excel skills: You know pivot tables and formulas like the back of your hand.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities AND written, oral communication, and analytical skills: You’re a problem-solving people person who loves to talk data!
- Creativity: The ability to craft a story from raw data is your specialty, and you don’t shy away from calculated risks or new modes of thinking. (Work sample required.)
- PowerPoint savvy: You create eye-catching, yet informative presos like nobody’s business. (Work sample required.)
- You have a high level of personal accountability, demonstrated leadership experience, and the flexibility to function in a fast-paced business/start-up environment that embraces change.
- Preferred skills:
- Knowledge of media business and tech vendors is a plus
- Visual Basic, R, Python, Java(script) or any additional relevant data language
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
- Report automation experience
Back to top