Senior Software Developer
Who you are: Do you live, eat, and breathe programming? Are you the type to dream in code? Would you consider yourself a developer’s developer? Spiceworks just might have the position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how IT pros get their work done. If you’re a software fanatic who tirelessly fine tunes your craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what end users really want and need — it’s time to apply now and join the team!
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software, and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT professionals around the world.
Thousands of tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”
Your day-to-day (as a Senior Software Developer, you’ll):
- Contribute to the design and development of product features
- Help build out Spiceworks as a development platform
- Work directly with our growing community of millions of IT pros and collaborate with experienced developers who are experts in the industry
- Showcase logic/solution-driven thinking
- Take the initiative in a team leader role
- Work with IT and other development teams to build cross-team functionality and troubleshoot issues
What does it take to do this job?
- 5+ years of experience
- Expert application and/or web app experience is a must
- Expert object-oriented programming skills
- Expert in a *nix environment (Linux or OSX), with fluency on the command line
- Experience designing software and/or the capability to build maintainable, future-focused software
- Experience with distributed software (native or web app)
- Experience solving large application and user level problems such as performance and scalability
- Experience writing bootstrapping/extensible applications
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with web security
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as SQLite or Postgres
- Lots of debugging experience
- Experience with Java or .Net is a plus
- Experience with Tomcat or IIS is a strong plus — experience with LAMP, PEEP, or WIMP stacks is even better
BS or BA in math, engineering, computer science or related field is preferred
Ready to toss your hat in the ring? Apply here!
Back to top