QA Automation Engineer
Who you are: Are you someone who’s energetic about delivering quality products? Want to see your work directly impact over 5 million IT pros who use our app to do their jobs? Like to make a real difference at one of Austin’s most exciting startups? Spiceworks just might have a position for you! We’re on the hunt for a Software Test Engineer who’s equal parts automation expert and team leader. You’ll be immersed in the development process, writing automation code like nobody’s business as well as educating and mentoring other test automation engineers.
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software, and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT professionals around the world. Thousands of tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”
What you’ll do: As a meticulous Spiceworks QA Automation Engineer, you’ll be able to deliver automation code… in your sleep! You’ll also define, code and organize regression test suites to ensure product stability and lightning fast delivery. As a strategic problem-solver, you’ll run your manual test with an eye for automating to reduce manual test cycles. You’ll be off-and-running at breakneck pace with little supervision, able to easily grasp and simplify complex concepts, and keep all the plates spinning. Oh, and you’ll have a blast every step of the way!
What will I do?
- Define and manually execute test cases to ensure product deadlines
- Manually test the product with an eye for usability from the user’s perspective
- Design, code, maintain and execute automated test scripts with Ruby, watir-webdriver, capybara, PhantomJS, Jasmine or similar tools
- Create automated test scripts with various databases (SQlite, postgreSQL) which handles data input and data validations
- Design, implement and maintain automations for manual, functional, UI (browser based) testing
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD tooling and automations
- Work closely with development and other departments as necessary
- Showcase logic/solution-driven thinking
- Take the initiative in a team leader role
What does it take to do this job?
- 4+ years of test automation experience
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including but not limited to Selenium, Capybara, Watir/Watir-webdriver, PhantomJS, Jasmine or similar tool
- Proficiency with web development debug tools
- Experience with CI/CD: Jenkins CI, Docker, Kubernetes, coverage tools, code linting, etc.
- Comfortable working with SQL and databases for test set-up and trouble-shooting purposes
- Exposure to source control tools such as Git
- Technical depth and passion for identifying new automation strategies
- Hands-on experience creating test processes and scripts for software and web/service products
- Self-starter who thrives in an independent, fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to adapt to testing new technologies
The QA Automation Engineer will report to the Test Engineer Manager.
Back to top