Who you are: Ready to join an IT company with a radically unique business model? Willing to forget what you know about product monetization (our IT products are 100% free)? If you think way outside the box, challenge “givens,” and would manage a product as you would your own startup, Spiceworks wants you! We’re looking for a Product Manager who would jump at the chance to define a successful business roadmap and strategy. Think you’re ready to join the team? Apply now!
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software, and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT professionals around the world.
Thousands of tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”
Your day-to-day (as a Product Manager, you’ll):
- Have a leadership position requiring a mix of technical and marketing knowledge and people skills
- Practice lean startup principles:
- Discover customer/user pain points
- Experiment to eliminate uncertainty (fail fast, fail cheap)
- Define and release your MVP, learn by observing
- Know and measure your funnel and metrics
- Know your growth engine, tune it, and pivot if needed
- Know when it’s time to stop investing and build your next product
- Be familiar with the concepts of SEO, required to design high-reach tools and products
- Lead a cross-functional team, including Demand Marketing/Engineering to drive product launches and accelerated growth
- Establish credibility with Engineering based on your ability to define winning products
- Be involved in the definition of the go-to-market strategy including communication of positioning, launch strategy, PR, and sales enablement to drive product launches
- Work with the Marketing to track your funnel and react to deviations
What does it take to do this job?:
- At least 3 years of Product Management experience in IT
- Strong understanding of the IT operations and management market space
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think and execute at both strategic and operational levels
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (definition of epics and user stories)
- MBA is a plus
- Minimal travel. Despite having too many users to visit in person, we still listen and stay close via phone interviews, surveys, and our millions-strong IT pro community.
Ready to toss your hat in the ring? Apply here! (and don’t forget to include a cover letter to let us know why you’re up to spice snuff).
Back to top