Email Marketing Coordinator
Who you are: Have a passion for writing and communicating ideas? Known for your stellar attention to detail? Like to put your talents into action producing top-notch emails? Then we might have the job for you!
Spiceworks is searching for an Email Marketing Coordinator to keep our users informed… and entertained. Through writing wizardry and killer creative direction, you’ll craft engaging, revenue-generating emails — all while maintaining that snappy Spiceworks style that’s won us a place in the hearts of millions of IT pros. You’ll grow your marketing bag-of-tricks while working with a dynamic, focused team in a high-energy environment.
Think you’re ready to join the team? Apply now!
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software, and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT professionals around the world. Thousands of tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”
Your day-to-day (as an Email Marketing Coordinator, you’ll):
- Produce eye-catching copy that motivates Spiceworks users to respond to various offers — including promotions, surveys, and event invitations
- Generate creative ideas on design, layout, and segmentation
- Research and apply email best practices
- Learn and apply the Spiceworks brand, personality, and tone
- Interface with Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, IT, external clients, and vendors to keep all parts of the email train chugging along (including email schedule, content, and delivery)
- Copyedit for grammar, structure, and flow
- Analyze, segment, and maintain multiple target lists
- Master email marketing software
- Perform A/B and multivariate testing
- Track and report results: You’ve got a way with words, but secretly love dabbling in data and number crunching
What does it take to do this job?
- 3–4 years of marketing communications or email marketing under your belt (agency experience a plus)
- Experience with a top-tier email service provider a major plus
- An eye for excruciating detail, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a command of copywriting and grammatical principals — with maniacal editing and proofreading chops: Typos hurt your eyes and grammar sites are bookmarked in your browser!
- The ability to see the big picture and tell a story that translates to our audience with captivating headlines, images, and copy
- A certain comfort with technical products so that technical benefits can be communicated clearly (experience in tech marketing a major plus)
- A highly motivated, self-starting nature: You respond positively to moderate guidance yet are comfortable with independent critical thinking and problem-solving — a micro-manager is your worst nightmare!
- Out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to complete projects flawlessly under tight deadlines
- The mind of an avid learner: You prefer to formulate a hypothesis before asking someone else for the answer
- Agility is key: You can think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment
- Stellar interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with a wide array of people: You’re a “people person”
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to quickly grasp new tech concepts
- Experience driving long-term subscriber engagement through on-boarding and nurturing a plus
- Marketing Automation experience in Marketo, Pardot, etc. a plus
Back to top