Spencer Stuart is organized around industry and functional practices throughout all the major business sectors. With senior consultants bringing direct industry experience and knowledge to its specialty practices, the company is focused on responding to and meeting its clients' unique recruitment needs.
In 2019, the Firm acquired a new Company, Kincentric, that provides complimentary professional services to support leadership, workplace culture and employee engagement required to drive transformation and accelerate business value. At Kincentric, a team of over 400 expert consultants serve 50+ countries in every major geography, covering the Americas, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa (APMEA) and Europe. Kincentric combines unmatched skills with local knowledge and global experience to help unlock the power of people and teams for any organization.
In 2020 a new Workday Operations Post-Production Support program was established under the direction of the Firm's Finance, Operations, and Human Resources Leadership; to support the newly implemented Workday Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution. This Shared-Service team named "Enterprise Solutions," supports both Spencer Stuart and Kincentric ERP ecosystems. The program partners with users, analysts, project managers, and executive stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements to implement solutions for complex business issues.
The Workday HCM Business Analyst will be responsible for performing research and analysis on solutions to meet the needs of the business and delivering on recurring administrative activities. This role is key in optimizing HR workflows with Workday, improve data & analytics capabilities of the firm, and ongoing management of the HRIS system for the Enterprise.
Project Delivery/Ongoing Implementation
- Participate and assist with ongoing Workday implementation, optimization, and adoption
- Identity areas for improvement within the system and research system functionality/trends
- Deploy new features and function in Workday and other technology
- Support documentation of requirement, configuration, test plans and user acceptance criteria for feature, user story, and functional delivery
Reporting & Analytics
- Partner with business functions in HR (Business Partners, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, etc.) to understand and document reporting and dashboard requirements
- Develop and maintain HR and other business reporting, analytics, and dashboards
Post Implementation Support
- Provide technical consultation to business partners and specialists to support their program vision
- Improve HCM data quality, drive continuous improvements
- Provide support for Workday, including researching and resolving complex Workday problems, unexpected results, or process issues.
Senior Manager - Enterprise Solutions
Other Key Relationships:
Services Management Leaders
Director of Development in Chicago
Chief Information Officer
Change Management Team
Global Practice and Function Leaders
Consultants, Associates, Research Analysts and EAs
Chief Financial Officer and key finance stakeholders
Chief Talent Officer and key HR stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, MIS, Finance, or Human Resources
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience (internships included)
- Understanding of business needs, particularly from a Human Resources perspective
- Knowledge of business process configuration, security administration and reporting
- Experience managing system updates and releases
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HR workflows, Payroll and other HCM processes
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodology
- Prior experience in professional client services industry
- Exposure to Workday or similar HRIS system
- System Administration/Production-Support experience
Other Personal Characteristics for Success
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated, and a team player
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and competing demands using excellent time management skills; result oriented
- Strong client service orientation
- High accuracy and detail orientation
- A solutions-oriented self-starter with ability to see the big picture
- A demonstrated ability to research and leverage available resources to accomplish the task at hand
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty in dynamic and fast-paced environment
- An analytical mind and a passion/interest in bringing new ideas to increase efficiency of exiting processes
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
Spencer Stuart is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to non-discrimination without regard to actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.
All Spencer Stuart employees in the US must be vaccinated against COVID-19. We will provide reasonable accommodations for medical, disability or religious reasons or other legally required exemptions.