Solutions Associate - Assessment, Leadership Advisory Services
Leadership Advisory Services Practice
The Leadership Advisory Services (LAS) Practice is an exciting, vibrant and uniquely dynamic practice environment within Spencer Stuart. Emerging in recent years as a key area of strategic focus for the firm, LAS has experienced an accelerated growth trajectory in both product diversification (e.g., acquisition of Reya Group, release of updated Executive Intelligence tools) and scale. The LAS Practice today encompasses more than 70 full-time, dedicated consultants and associates/analysts globally. In recent years, the practice has consistently experienced year-over-year topline revenue growth in excess of 25 percent, and has tripled in revenue since 2012.
Operating synergistically alongside Spencer Stuart's market-leading executive search business, LAS professionals provide advice and partner with clients in navigating a range of key leadership and talent issues, including:
- Aligning culture and talent strategy with business strategy
- Maximizing team effectiveness
- Merger integration
- Executive assessment and CEO succession
- Talent development and transition support
The LAS Solutions Group supports Spencer Stuart's vision to become the pre-eminent leadership firm in the world by serving as a:
- trusted partner across Spencer Stuart to deliver high quality solutions to our clients
- humble steward of the solutions that embody the firm's best thinking at an enterprise level
- centralized synchronization, coordination and scaling function for the firm's solutions, and the related services, tools & methods
- conduit to robust approaches to solution strategy, development and management
The current role of LAS Solutions Associate - Assessment will support the Assessment Solutions leaders in key development initiatives as well as on-going improvement and maintenance of current tools, methodologies and services. While the focus for this role will be in the Executive Assessment solutions domain; a number of the initiatives will overlap or support the other solutions areas.
The role requires approximately 15-25% travel, primarily within the geographic or continental region of the person's home office (i.e., EMEA, North America, APAC). Occasional global travel may be required.
LAS Assessment Solutions Leader
Other Solutions Leaders (on a per-engagement basis)
2nd line reporting to Global Solutions Leader
Other Key Relationships
LAS Practice Leadership
LAS Executive Assistants
LAS Associates, Senior Associates and Analysts
Home Office Colleagues, LAS and Search
Corporate Training and Information Services
Technical Development and Maintenance of proprietary Tools and Methodologies
LAS Solutions leverage Spencer Stuart's proprietary tools and methodologies including the Executive Intelligence (ExI) evaluation, Individual Style Profile (ISP), Organizational Culture Diagnostic (OCD), and Leadership Capability Framework (LCF). In order to scale and grow, these tools need to be continually improved and potentially supplemented with additional tools. This role will support the Assessment Solutions leader and other Solutions leaders in the development, maintenance and documentation of these tools and methodologies from a technical perspective ensuring they are reliable, relevant and valid. Activities include:
- Developing or updating items, cases, survey instructions/scales and report content (i.e. smart-text)
- Analyzing psychometric properties of the tools including reliability, factor structure, usability, validity
- Designing and implementing validation studies
- Facilitating the translation of surveys and reports
- Calculating norms and benchmarks
- Developing or updating technical manuals and user/practitioner guides
- Analyzing data to inform thought leadership or new solutions
- Working with Spencer Stuart Technology team to build and maintain a global database
The LAS Solutions Associate - Assessment supports the Solutions Leader in the build out and standardization of solutions protocols and content to enable global scalability.
- Developing playbooks, protocols and practitioner guides to capture best practices
- Collaborating with Learning to build out training modules for internal Consultants and Associates
- Supporting development of content including interview guides, resources guides
The Assessment Advisory Council consists of Assessment experts and practitioners with commercial expertise to provide ideas, feedback, as well as guidance in key decisions impact the Assessment Solutions area. The Advisory Council, along with the Super-User groups are key channels to understand market needs and test new product designs. The Solutions Associate will provide support for managing and collecting input from these channels to guide the design and development of improvements or new solutions.
- Participates in advisory council calls; providing meeting support including drafting agendas, meeting notes and documenting decisions and action items
- Assist the Assessment Solutions leader in reaching out to select members of the Advisory Council, Super User group, broader SSI community; as well as clients.
- Supports the development, administration and synthesis of on-line surveys to collect feedback and ideas from a broader set of practitioners, super-users, as well as clients
- Experience developing or validating assessment tools or other psychometrics
- Five or more years of experience in executive assessment, leadership advisory or other professional services settings, or five or more years of experience in corporate human resources management, with a focus on talent development.
- Certification or experience using psychometrics (i.e. Ravens, Watson Glaser, 16PF, CPI, Hogan, OPQ)
- Proficiency in statistics and use of statistical packages (i.e. SPSS , SAS)
- Superior business writing skills (as evidenced through project work or writing samples to be provided upon request).
- General business acumen, as defined by a keen and quick understanding of a range of business situations/contexts.
- Direct interaction/experience with executive-level clients is advantageous but not required.
- An advanced degree from a highly competitive university in I/O psychology or related field (PhD preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken. Command of additional languages is advantageous.
- Works to meet/beat explicit goals.
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Shows strong feelings (such as urgency) about reaching targets.
- Checks work of self and others against required quality standards.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results and/or seeking corrective action based on deviations.
- Ability to break problems down into manageable parts, considering interdependencies and contingencies
- Synthesizes and summarizes complex data in a way that is understandable to others
- Solid pattern recognition skills
- Engages individually to build collaboration.
- Invites and uses the opinions and perspectives of others.
- Engages people in a dialogue to gain commitment and bring them "on board," linking their perspectives to the intent.
- Adapts own approach to the audience or individuals, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance, and responding in an appropriate, respectful manner with a range of influencing styles.
- Checks with both sides of a discussion to ensure common understanding.
- Takes initiative to maintain contacts.
- Highly responsive to clients (internal and external) and follows good process.
- Works to do things correctly in order to maximize client satisfaction.
- Uses consistent approaches and good processes to address client needs.
- Respects client needs and places highest importance on delivering timely and effective service.
- Addresses client concerns both proactively and re actively.
- Demonstrates a keen sense of urgency and professionalism in responding to client communications and navigating client situations.
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Meet Some of Spencer Stuart's Employees
Recruitment is not going away, and it's in flux and evolving. And at the edge of those changes there is a lot of opportunity. It can be really creative.
Back to top