Regional People & Business Manager, Americas (NAM & LATAM) Leadership Advisory Services
- Chicago, IL
The LAS Regional People & Business Manager (RP&BM) will act as the holistic owner of day-to-day employee experience of the LAS client-facing team. This includes Consultants, Associates, Project Managers and Analysts within the North American and Latin American regions. They will work to harmonize and align the needs of the business and the well-being, professional development and overall job-satisfaction of the LAS team.
Key RelationshipsReports to:
Global Practice Leader, LAS
Chief Talent Officer (dotted line)
Other Key Relationships:
Industry and LAS Practice Leaders
Global LAS Talent Director
Global Director LAS L&D
LAS Associates, Analysts and Project Mangers
Corporate Human Resources
Corporate Training/Professional Development
Key ResponsibilitiesOnboarding & Development
- Work closely with the LAS Talent Director to ensure the ideal onboarding experience is implemented in practice to ensure a smooth and effective first six weeks for new hires; adapt default approach to individuals' backgrounds and likely development needs.
- Play an active role in ensuring all new hires land well in their first 12-18 months, leveraging formal training with initial client opportunities; ensure an effective feedback loop is in place between new hires and all critical stakeholders to address any early stage issues or concerns.
- Work with the LAS Talent Director to ensure ongoing development programs are implemented regionally and tailored to individual needs as required.
- Build strong relationships with individuals to understand development needs, preferences and constraints for staffing.
- Maintain an acute awareness of business environment and ensure visibility of upcoming assignments and pipeline activity.
- Work closely with the industry, PE and LAS practice leadership to optimize staffing decisions to achieve balance between the firm's client strategy needs and individual preferences.
- Build relationships with all members of the regional team to understand their capabilities, motivations, aspirations and concerns - act as a sounding board and a source of advice and support.
- Work closely with the RPLs, APLs, Global Talent Director and other key leaders to ensure a healthy, thriving and positive professional environment.
- Stay close to our teams with a view to monitoring morale, affiliation and retention and proactively recommend interventions to address areas of concern.
- Help the team understand the firm's organizational structure, typical career paths and promotion decision-making.
- Coach and guide individual employees throughout their employment lifecycle; act as a trusted advisor to guide individuals into mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Seek to address questions related to HR topics before escalating to HR; work with HR team to resolve issues faced by individuals; contribute thought leadership on initiatives crucial to addressing people issues.
- Work closely with the LAS Finance Partner and the industry and LAS regional Practice Leaders to connect financial analysis and insights and the people agenda to help support and advance the business in the region.
- Act as strategic thought partner to the LAS Global Talent Director, the LAS leadership team and the firm's broader leadership on policies related to our people agenda, e.g. compensation, development curriculum, career management.
- Help to "connect the dots"; work closely with office, industry and LAS Practice Leaders to ensure information sharing, best practice codification, and efficient operations.
- Perform other duties and work on other special projects or initiatives as required.
- College graduate with at least seven years of related business management experience.
- Experience working in a consulting environment and/or a role where multiple (client) projects and competing demands are the norm.
- Experience managing, developing and deploying professional staff.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems.
Collaborating & Influencing
- A proactive relationship builder who invites and leverages the opinions and perspectives of others.
- Engages people in a dialogue to gain commitment and bring them "on board," linking their perspective to the intent.
- Adapts own approach to the audience, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles.
- Resolves conflicts by discussing individual issues with each person.
- Checks with both sides of a discussion to ensure a common understanding.
- Takes initiative to maintain contacts.
- Brings a growth-mindset and a passion for helping other people develop and grow.
- Spends time and probes to develop a clear perception of employees' behaviors and how these impact performance.
- Gives critical feedback in behavioral terms and discusses suggestions for improvement.
- Uses existing firm programs to support employees' career growth in individual ways.
- Uses a regular assessment and feedback process to focus the development effort.
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- A quick study with a can-do attitude; a creative solution seeker with a readiness to try new approaches; decisive, pragmatic, and reason-minded
- Shows strong feelings (such as urgency) about reaching targets.
- Checks work of self and others against required quality standards.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results and/or seeking corrective action based on deviations.
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top