Real Estate Financial Analyst
Spencer Stuart is one of the world’s leading executive search consulting firms. Founded in 1956 and privately owned, we are the advisor of choice among organizations seeking guidance and counsel on senior leadership needs. We work with clients across a range of industries, from the world’s largest companies to medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurial startups and nonprofit organizations.
Spencer Stuart seeks a Commercial Real Estate Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Real Estate team. An ideal candidate will be able to handle a fast-paced dynamic work environment while bringing a strong work ethic, attention to detail and intellectual curiosity needed to assist internal clients. A background in finance is ideal with strong financial modeling, due diligence and comparative analysis.
Global Head of Real Estate
- Support Strategic planning activities by providing financial analysis, financial reporting, strategy development, tactical implementation and special projects as assigned in order to support the decision making by the leadership team.
- Produce financial models and other analyses for transactions of varying complexity to support the negotiation of lease. Communicate and collaborate with Corporate Financial and Accounting teams to integrate relevant data.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative financial analyses including development of pro forma financials on a pre-tax, after-tax, net present value cash flow and book bases.
- Review and analyze quantitative real estate portfolio data, legal documents and other materials as part of project due diligence process.
- Participate in team meetings to update colleagues on status of lease transactions and other real estate initiatives.
- Create Excel-based analytical tools including macro-enabled financial models.
- Provide leadership with industry and market specific information as it relates to the real estate portfolio.
- Utilize and update web-based lease administration database (administered by real estate advisor) for information related to actual transactions such as capital spend, depreciation etc.
- Develop annual real estate budgets and future year projections.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Real Estate required; Master’s degree is preferred
2+ years of experience
Working experience in Finance, Real Estate or Accounting preferred
Computer and software knowledge
Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel required
Other personal characteristics
- Chicago based in local office
- Demonstrated interest in commercial real estate analysis
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables.
- Financial analysis and market research experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Intermediate understanding of real estate fundamentals
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, driven professional environment
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet
Back to top