Network Engineer / Analyst
Spencer Stuart is one of the world’s leading executive search consulting firms. Founded in 1956 and privately owned, we are the advisor of choice among organizations seeking guidance and counsel on senior leadership needs. We work with clients across a range of industries, from the world’s largest companies to medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurial startups and nonprofit organizations.
Spencer Stuart seeks a Network Engineer/Analyst to join the Architecture and Operations team. An ideal candidate will be able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment working on cross-functional technology teams while bringing a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a variety of technology skills needed to assist internal clients. A background in networking, telecommunications and project management is a plus.
Director of Network Communications
- Plan, implement and document maintenance for the global data network.
- Manage network performance and capacity planning systems across branch offices, multiple private data centers and cloud providers.
- Troubleshoot router and switch performance problems.
- Work with network architects to identify new technologies and solutions that have the potential to save money or assist in the generation of revenue.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to fully support all applications across the network.
- Cross-train and support other staff members in order to provide ubiquitous service to Operations and to the Firm.
5 or more years of experience
Networking experience including CCNP
Experience leading projects, documenting procedures, troubleshooting problems, preparing presentations and supporting new networks and systems
Knowledge of Telecommunication standards
Through understanding of the OSI model with extensive knowledge of TCP/IP and IEEE standards (including, but not limited to 802.1, 802.11 and 802.3)
Experience with Global Service Providers and maintaining large WANs
Knowledge of cabling infrastructure, types of cabling, cabling standards, cabling pin outs, voice cross connects and Ethernet
Experience with implementing and supporting Virtual Private Networks
Understand routing Protocols
Experience with process such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF
Experience with Network Monitoring and Management Systems
Strong routing and switching background with excellent diagnostic skills
Other personal characteristics
- Testing complex firmware, software version interdependencies; managing and implementing upgrades
- Experience and/or interest in developing Cloud Native Architectures particularly in AWS
- Broad experience with Microsoft technologies and Linus/open source
- Active in technical communities and forums such as the IET, Cisco Communities and AWS
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet
Back to top