Learning Solutions Senior Specialist
Spencer Stuart is one of the world's leading executive search consulting firms. Founded in 1956 and privately owned, we are the advisor of choice among organizations seeking guidance and counsel on senior leadership needs. We work with clients across a range of industries, from the world's largest companies to medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurial startups, and nonprofit organizations.
The Learning and Development function within Spencer Stuart is responsible for learning strategy, curriculum, and delivery for all internal employee development across 56 offices in 30 countries. Since the inception of the function, learning and development with the Firm has grown considerably, impacting all elements of the business.
The Learning Solutions Senior Specialist role will drive key learning design and development projects to align with business goals. The individual hired will partner with subject matter experts and lead stakeholder relationships to build interactive solutions through a variety of delivery methods. These learning solutions support the development of Spencer Stuart employees across all office locations. Creativity and innovation are encouraged, with the freedom to explore cutting-edge learning approaches. Learning content spans across a wide range of skills areas ranging from system training on Spencer Stuart's propriety software to professional development. This role partners with internal Learning and Development regional delivery partners to deploy and deliver solutions.
Learning and Development Director, Global Curriculum
Extended Learning and Development Team
Subject Matter Experts
- Partner with global stakeholders, SMEs, and extended Learning and Development leaders to define business requirements and priorities
- Lead needs analysis and design solutions to build capabilities within the firm
- Design, develop and maintain learning solutions across a variety of delivery methods to achieve desired performance: eLearning, classroom, virtual sessions, reference guides, videos, coaching guides, and other performance support materials
- Design and develop learning solutions that support Spencer Stuart's propriety software and processes
- Develop with an iterative approach to regularly incorporate stakeholder and user input
- Evolve the Learning & Development function by establishing best practices, tools, and templates. Continue to advance our learning approach through the identification and integration of new learning concepts, methods, and tools. Focus on continuous professional development to encourage self and others to stay current with latest industry standards and advancements.
The Learning Solutions Senior Specialist is a results oriented individual with a demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex initiatives and build innovative global solutions in a professional environment. The role partners professionally with business stakeholders and subject matter experts across the firm to ensure quality and impactful solutions. The Senior Specialist has strong interpersonal skills in both stakeholder interactions and team interactions along with a capability and willingness to interact with stakeholders and third party vendors on a regular basis.
Minimum 7- 10 years of experience working in a professional setting
Preferably with 5 - 7 years with an in-house learning team or external learning industry vendor
Instructional Design: In a collaborative learning and development team with multiple stakeholders, support the team's efforts to create impact across the firm:
Lead learning design and development using multiple delivery methods with a strong on-demand learning focus
Champion and apply adult learning principles and best-in-class practices for learning and development
* Design interactive and engaging learning solutions to increase learning, retention, and application
Project Management: In an environment with competing priorities and deadlines, lead, develop and execute project plans to meet requirements and ensure commitment from project team members. Manage selected programs to ensure successful ongoing execution and quality:
Apply excellent project management and task management skills with a detailed, organized and systematic approach
Balance self-directed individual work with the needs of a collaborative environment
Collaborative effectively with internal team members and stakeholders
Deliver learning solutions on time and with appropriate quality
Lead global deployment plans and ensure successful transitions to ongoing execution leads
Lead selected ongoing programs. Monitor evaluation and feedback. Continually assess the effectiveness and prioritize needs with stakeholders. Develop improvement plans where needed
Relationship and Communication Skills: In an environment working with multiple levels of the firm, demonstrate strong oral, written and interpersonal communications. Demonstrate strong oral, written and interpersonal communications:
Build strong, ongoing relationships with stakeholders
Engage and influence stakeholders and other leaders, tailoring communication style accordingly, and prioritizing content effectively
Write impactful learning content, presentations, and other documents customized based on unique end users' needs
Lead project team meetings and other group discussions
* Facilitate learning as needed
Back to top