Global Facilities & Move Manager
Spencer Stuart is one of the world’s leading executive search consulting firms. Founded in 1956 and privately owned, we are the advisor of choice among organizations seeking guidance and counsel on senior leadership needs. We work with clients across a range of industries, from the world’s largest companies to medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurial startups and nonprofit organizations.
Spencer Stuart seeks a Global Facilities and Move Manager to join the Corporate Real Estate Team. The position is responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization. Involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, as it relates to office premises.
Global Head of Real Estate
- Manages the procurement of mail, delivery, and confidential shredding functions.
- Initiates / manages and facilitates planned preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, lighting, AV, security, Life / Safety and office equipment.
- Initiates / manages and facilitates planned maintenance schedule of build-out and furniture including carpeting, painting, special finishes, furniture repair, etc.
- Oversees / establishes the ongoing cleaning and maintenance standards of facility including “Green” environmental initiatives and plants.
- Oversees the security and parking program.
- Develops and implements Life / Safety and Emergency Preparedness plans.
- Manages and implements signage standards, coordinates orders.
- Initiates and coordinates office Hoteling processes; updates space allocation data.
- Develops and administers the annual facilities budget.
- Manages the move process and related Facilities functions, ie, security, beverage services, signage, equipment, etc. for Real Estate projects; coordinates facility training programs, liaises with IT to coordinate efforts.
- Coordinate relocation company and prepare floor plans with move scheme.
- Review and coordinate the purchase of desktops/laptops/servers.
- Review and coordinate the purchase of printers/copiers/faxes. Review existing equipment for EOL.
- Coordinate all cleaning services associated with the move weekend.
- Coordinate and purchase accessories and kitchenware.
- Set-up with GC, a training and handover of all new items in office. Appliances, lighting, HVAC etc.
- Create welcome package for employees.
- Coordinate the contracts of coffee/water service and their installations.
- Supervise relocation company during move.
- Set-up Floor Maintenance – abstract maintenance program to system
- Set-up Cleaning Maintenance – abstract maintenance program to system
- Set-up HVAC Maintenance – abstract maintenance program to system
- Set-up Lighting Maintenance – abstract maintenance program to system
Bachelor’s Degree required
7 to 10 years of experience
Working experience in a Professional Services Firm or Commercial Real Estate Company preferred
Computer and software knowledge
Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel; CAD and scheduled software
LEED Certified preferred
Other personal characteristics
- Chicago based; with an ability to travel
- Willing participant on numerous and multi-disciplined internal and external project teams
- Experienced in Budgeting and Planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytic approach to achieving and improving results
- Leadership qualities and instincts
- Ability to work on multiple tasks requiring varied skillsets simultaneously
- Real estate / construction project management experience
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet
Back to top