Spencer Stuart International is looking for a Contract Infrastructure Automation and Application Operations Engineer to join our team.
The team is responsible for supporting our global Applications Platforms as an always available service. Additionally, the team implements, configures and automates the installation of Application Platforms across the enterprise for on premise data centers and the cloud.
In this role, your key area of focus will be enabling infrastructure automation and support for mission critical systems. The team’s goal is to provision environments through automation, industry standards and best practices. Key to success is the need for ensuring the health and monitoring of our mission critical systems.
You will work collaboratively with other Application Operations team members, Architects and Software Engineers in this endeavor.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
- Monitor, mitigate issues and administer a growing production footprint with diverse applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Create and refine tools and scripts to both monitor and measure application performance
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
- AWS Experience in EC2, CloudWatch, ELB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, Route53 DNS
- Strong automation mindset based on past success
- Ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers
- Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, PowerShell, AWS CLI), Infrastructure as Code
- Strong Windows and Linux administration background
- Strong understanding of infrastructure operations best practices, including experience in IT Operations in an highly available model
- Strong Web Server experience in IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Availability to support systems on-call after hours on a rotation
- Strong ability to learn and use new technologies and frameworks
- Experienced in troubleshooting and debugging
- Communications capabilities to bridge the gap between development/release, operations and architecture to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices and successful delivery.
- Understanding of SDLC
- Understanding of Configuration Management
- Understanding of High Availability services concepts
- Functional knowledge of Database concepts
Additional Desired Qualifications
- AWS Certification (preferably, SysOps), Lambda, Beanstalk, ACM, Workspaces
- Automation Frameworks (Chef, Ansible, or similar)
- Caching technologies (Redis)
- Experienced in Application Performance Management (App Dynamics, New Relic, etc)
- Jira, Confluence
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet
Back to top