Associate, Technology, Media, & Telecommunications Practice
Founded in 1956, Spencer Stuart is one of the largest privately-held global executive search firms, specializing in senior-level executive search, board of director appointments and executive assessment services. Across its 56 office in 31 countries, Spencer Stuart has a professional team of approximately 600 search Consultants and Associates.
As a private firm, we pride ourselves on fostering a special culture, which is both highly collegial and non-hierarchical - one in which intelligence, insight, excellence, responsiveness, humor, global spirit and interpersonal skills are highly valued.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) Practice
Representing over 15% of Spencer Stuart's worldwide client base, our Technology, Media, and Technology (TMT) Practice consists of industry specialists who have conducted over 4,000 senior-level executive searches over the past five years.
We have over 25 dedicated search consultants in North America with longstanding, personal relationships with the most sought-after leaders in the technology sector. These carefully nurtured relationships - combined with our global database that includes information on more than 1.5 million executives - afford us immediate access to the talent we seek.
Our global Technology Practice is modeled to reflect the cross-border presence of our clients. We operate within a global network, spanning strategic markets worldwide. We collaborate in best teams across locations and practice areas to ensure that every search benefits from an optimal combination of industry, functional, and geographic expertise.
Our consultants' and associates' in-depth knowledge and access to the world's leading talent, acquired during years of senior-level executive experience in the industry, is the foundation for our unmatched results. In this new era of mobilization and digitalization, technology companies need access to the brightest, most trustworthy executives with extensive international experience and solid relationship-building skills. Our clients rely on us to introduce them to outstanding executives from around the world.
Value Proposition of a Career in Executive Search at Spencer Stuart
- Establish lasting relationships as an advisor to C-suite clients on the most challenging leadership issues
- Provide career advice and coaching to candidates
- Deliver insight and recommendations on critical client challenges
- Develop your network of candidates and clients through your assignments, internal and external networks
- Develop/deepen industry and functional knowledge expertise
- Learn through apprenticeship culture supported by formal training opportunities
Spencer Stuart is seeking to recruit a TMT Associate. The Associate plays a critical role in the executive search process. In partnership with 1-2 Consultants on each assignment, the Associate helps identify, attract, develop, and assess leaders across a range of functions within the technology, media, and telecommunications sectors. Working with our database, proactive research resources, phone calls, and in-person meetings, he or she helps identify, reference, and develop the most talent executives for consideration by our clients. The Associate helps manage and advise clients through regular updates, providing them with market feedback and insight into candidates' motivations, strengths, and development needs. The Associate is supported in his or her work by Analysts, Knowledge Managers, and administrative staff.
Ideal candidates for the Associate role include those with strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, judgment, and communication/advisory skills. Associates work on multiple client engagements, drawing on project management ability, proactive and quality search execution, an ownership mentality, and strong team-oriented delivery to meet specific client needs. Associates are expected to develop deep and insightful candidate pool and sector knowledge over time in the digital media sector.
The role will be located in the San Francisco or Silicon Valley office.
- At least five to ten years of business experience in a relevant corporate organization or professional services environment is preferred. Relevant experience could include: executive search, in-house recruitment, talent acquisition, leadership consulting, human capital work, or a functional role within a technology company
- Domain expertise in technology, communications, and/or media preferred.
- Experience working in a client service environment and/or a role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm.
- Strong academic credentials; an MBA or other relevant graduate degree is desirable but not required.
Meet Some of Spencer Stuart's Employees
Recruitment is not going away, and its in flux and evolving. And at the edge of those changes there is a lot of opportunity. It can be really creative.
Back to top