Lead Enterprise Architect
- Enon, OH
This role will define the overall technical structure of a program, system, or application, serving as the technical liaison between IT and our business partners. This role will also be accountable for the alignment of technology solutions to business strategies, primarily working with Senior Management. This role will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities, conducting technical and solution assessments, cost/benefit evaluations, and help broker other IT services. This role will play a critical role in leading the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice along with efforts to maintain and govern the EA practices across the organization, including but not limited to consulting architecture review and advisory, and leading the integration of developed processes.
- Coordinates and oversees architecture implementation and modification activities in one or more of the following disciplines: Data, Infrastructure, Security, Solutions or Application.
- Develops and maintains enterprise technical architecture, perform activities, including conceptual and logical modeling and analysis of complex systems environments, technical infrastructure, and other components of the client technical environment.
- Oversee the evaluation, implementation, and ongoing refinement of Enterprise Architecture standards and the documentation.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governance, assurance, and standards to guide Enterprise Architecture decision making.
- Understand the business's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions.
- Lead analysis of the current IT environment and future-state capabilities to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for business improvement.
- Work with business peers to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Lead analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Design and construct future- and current-state business models to practically apply new and emerging technologies to drive them.
- Researches and recommends new technologies to achieve improved architectural performance while effectively managing the associated costs of IT operations across the enterprise.
- Keeps abreast of technology, customer needs, and industry-related trends.
- Actively engages in the identification and maintenance of technology standards; this extends to ensuring technical guidance is in alignment with those standards and any exceptions are reviewed.
- Escalates technical issues to senior leadership as needed along with insight on recommended resolutions.
- Engages and manages strong business relationships with stakeholders to ensure high levels of service, response, driving the overall success of the business and technical strategies.
- Collaborates with IT project stakeholders in the development and evaluation of EA-compliant technical solutions.
- Provides consultation and strategic guidance to clients and other senior staff in addressing complex, enterprise-level systems engineering and technical integration challenges.
- Establishes and conducts all operations for full-service consulting and manages technical services to translate business requirements into innovative solutions.
- Constructs and supports technical teams in investigating, analyzing, defining, designing and implementing technology solutions to create greater alignment between technology and business goals.
- Guides to the technical team and promotes continuous improvement to help the technical team increase productivity and foster innovation.
- Encourages open lines of communication between all team members; facilitates discussions and resolves conflicts accordingly.
- Mentors senior technical staff and provides support as an escalation point for critical technical issues.
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of study
- Certified as appropriate, in the discipline of practice (Data, Infrastructure, Security, Solutions or Application). Examples include:
- Microsoft Certified Architect or Open Group IT Architect Certification
- Enterprise Architecture or Technology Management Certification
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- CISSP or CISM certified or possess a technical certification such as Security +, CCSP or GSEC preferred
- Previous experience as a collaborative technical leader preferred
- Previous experience with developing solution architecture and conceptual and logical system design for large-scale programs and projects preferred
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Strong/effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the assigned team
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues
- Ability to document the architectural conclusion using technical specification notations, including Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to improve team maturity levels in understanding process and improving productivity
- Ability to build a trusting and safe environment
- Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task and track multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent mentoring skills
- Ability to work both independent of immediate supervision and in a team environment
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of intra-department functions and operations
- Ability to perform repeated bending, standing and reaching
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change the duties and responsibilities of this job to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Back to top