IT Project Manager
- Enon, OH
Ensure the delivery of client solutions and work throughout the project life cycle to validate that solutions are properly scoped, designed, implemented, and tested to meet the client's business needs. Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop, update and track against full scale project plans from inception to project completion
- Maintain effective relationships with sponsors, team members, Marathon personnel, and outside vendors
- Assume clear ownership for the successful project management including cost control, execution, and coordination of critical initiatives.
- Ensure successful completion of projects using Speedway processes, templates, and best practices
- Meet regularly with project team members and sponsors to review status and issues
- Ensure all required documentation and deliverables for the project are met.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Identify and implement\recommend corrective action to get project back on plan.
- Facilitate project evaluations and assessment of results
- Clearly communicate expectations, status and risks to appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience
- Experience creating and managing plans using MS Project
- Experience working with MS SharePoint
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues.
- Good understanding of intra-department functions and operations.
- Ability to be client-focused
- Willing to be "hands-on"
- Possesses detailed knowledge of MS Project
- Possesses excellent project management and systems development life cycle skills including scope and issue management, schedule management, and deliverable oriented delivery.
- Possesses the ability to develop estimations, including the work steps and effort hours
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Is able and willing to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Can communicate effectively and credibly with client and technical staff relative to the implementation aspects of client engagements
- Self-starter who requires minimum supervision and adapts easily to changing work environments and requirements
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills .
Back to top