IT Business Systems Analyst
- Enon, OH
Serves as a Business Systems Analyst with the Speedy Rewards Agile development team, working in an open space environment. Collaborates with internal and external partners to determine system requirements for the development and implementation of new functionality, systems, and enhancements related to Loyalty and Speedy Rewards.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies for service delivery and improvement to Speedy Rewards and Loyalty;
- Facilitates sessions with both internal and external stakeholders to determine business and ITS requirements;
- Manages and documents all business requirements for project work in conjunction with related Subject Matter Experts (SME) or Speedy Rewards Agile Team Product Owner;
- Initiates and manages risk assessment process to completion, which includes risk documentation and risk mitigation controls;
- Establishes systems specifications and objectives, based on business requirements and cost effectiveness. Makes recommendations accordingly;
- Develops test plans and coordinates with internal Quality Analyst resources for software testing. Completes testing when appropriate;
- Ensures all duties including, but not limited to, requirements, test cases and test plans, are completed in accordance with all required documentation;
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure customer needs are met by reviewing requirements, status updates and associated issues;
- Keeps abreast of technology, customer needs and industry related trends;
- Develops and maintains process maps for Speedy Rewards and Loyalty and makes plans to accommodate future work requests;
- Performs risk and business impact analysis for proposed enhancements and changes to Speedy Rewards and Loyalty applications;
- Advises and guides Loyalty in the process of developing system enhancements, ideas and work requests. Captures potential benefits to assist with prioritization;
- Identifies system requirements and evaluates new applications related to Speedy Rewards and Loyalty;
- Documents interfaces between new and legacy systems and applications;
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, Business or related technical field
- Minimum of three years of related IT experience;
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple requests simultaneously;
- Has a good understanding of technologies and business processes;
- Has a basic understanding of the business systems used by business client(s);
- Requires good communication skills and time management skills;
- Ability to facilitate large meetings and brainstorming sessions;
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced professionals and other personnel as situations require.
Back to top