- Lebanon, PA
Speedway is committed to your success. After all, it's also our success. Ours is a working environment with real projects, real budgets, real business goals, and very real rewards for someone looking for hands-on experience in the real world. Don't worry, no one expects you to work solo without support. This isn't a high-wire act; it's a premier retail organization. You'll find co-workers and supervisors at Speedway who have made the same journey and now have become mentors, ready to help you get the most out of your internship. Many of our long-term, seasoned employees began their careers right here. From your first day, you'll discover why so many have chosen to build their entire career at Speedway.
The centralized recruiting and HR intern is responsible for assistance with the staffing function of a number of stores within a defined area. The intern will receive all employment applications for these stores and will coordinate the hiring process of store positions. The intern works closely with the Store Managers and District Managers within his/her district. The intern will also assist the Region HR Advisor with special projects as needed.
- The intern will learn effective communication skills by working with District Managers, Store Managers, and Human Resource managers.
- Screen employment applications.
- Arranging/conduct interviews.
- Completing reference checks.
- Make hiring decisions based on references, background screening and interviews.
- Accurately completing regular reports regarding recruitment/staffing performance.
- Monitor recruitment needs within area of responsibility.
- Analyzing hiring trends within area of responsibility.
- Willing to work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday at Speedway corporate office
- Demonstrated expertise with MS office suite application, especially Microsoft Excel
- Enrolled as a student earning a bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or other related major.
- Must have and maintain at least 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Back to top