Systems Engineer III - WiFi Operations
- Greenwood Village, CO
Client Reference Code: 259543
The Systems Engineer III will be responsible for troubleshooting, resolving and documenting issues within a large, customer-facing, wireless broadband network environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of IP routing Protocols, wireless access and infrastructure systems to quickly assess and resolve wireless service impairments.
- Contribute to the development of internal support processes and procedures.
- Provide articulate verbal and/or written impact assessments to management in English.
- Aggressively pursue high standard of network and system performance and availability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to proactively identify and resolve potential system, network and customer impacts in the maintenance window.
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSS applications and software, possess the ability to create detailed documentation, and be able to apply knowledge of network security best practices.
- Perform other, collateral duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interdisciplinary Telecom, Wireless & Cellular Communications, or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years Network Operations work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years Wireless systems work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years System Administration work experience
- Proficiency using multiple, industry standard, operating system environments including Linux, Cisco IOS/NX-OS, JunOS, VMWare.
- Proficiency leveraging packet-analysis tools and network analytics platforms to troubleshoot or characterize network traffic.
- Advanced knowledge of IP routing, and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF as well as enabling protocols and platforms such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, PMIP.
- Experience with large distributed networks and MSO / Wireless Operator topologies.
- Technical understanding with the following equipment is a plus: Cisco UCS, Ruckus vSZ/SCG/ZD, Cisco WLC, Cisco Nexus/ASR, Nokia 7750, and Netscout Infinistream.
- Extended availability after business hours or on-call, as required by the business, in an "on-call" posture.
- Red Hat Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- VMware (VCP-DCV)
- CCNA/CCNP (Datacenter, Wireless).
- CWNP Certified Wireless Network Administrator.
- Knowledge of industry products and services.
Job Code : ISY350 Systems Engineer III Exempt
Back to top