- Austin, TX
Client Reference Code: 268269
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a growing news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc., the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and
available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means ...You're ready to inspire and be inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical,
driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your
knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability
to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You
have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we're looking for: The Producer/Editor develops story or content ideas, considering audience appeal; Plans,
coordinates, and edits content for broadcast; Reviews proposals and outlines for broadcast; Post produces shows from
inception to completion which requires strong editorial instincts in writing and storytelling, news/sports story/feature
construction, an ability to create drama, skills in both long form and short form projects; Provide edit support for studio
based sports shows.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides edit support to Network produced original productions. Extensive cutting of nat sound pieces, on set interviews, short form packages as well as long form interviews
- Ensures that all other programming produced is properly titled, versioned, documented and archived per company standards/policies
- Supervises dubbing, subtitling; edits in dubbing; ensures all programming gets on the right play-out list and schedule and sent to the right places
- Demonstrates creative proficiency to create and execute high level video effects using third-party software such as Adobe Premiere software experience
- Serves as Producer/Editor on assigned programming, making decisions on story lineup, video/audio, graphics, and timing to construct to include creating accurately assigned productions that meet format requirements within established deadlines
- Oversees all of the needs and administration of the Network Content department and works well and closely with all other areas of the organization
- Oversees Camera Operations, Production Assistants, Associate Producers in the development of television programs from inception to delivery
- Assigned any number of projects across all of our production areas including Long form original episodic, features, studio interviews and network promotion. High degree of creative discretion and collaboratively with coordinating producers or other project producers
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays, Sundays, nights and weekends.
- Strong technical skills with the editing equipment as well as strong skills in the creation of visual technique and special effects
- Leadership and organization skills
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, with complex plug-in and filter packages and Pro Tools a plus.
- Knowledge of Los Angeles community and news is a general is a must.
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines is a must
- Experience with Adobe Premiere required
- Extensive experience in editing news required.
- Television sports/news producing experience preferred
- Ability to shoot and edit media preferred
- Experience with Dalet newsroom software preferred
- Bachelor's degree in communications, broadcasting, radio/tv/film, or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 6+ years' technical background in non-linear editing and Adobe Premiere a must.
- 3+ years of television sports/news producing experience preferred.
openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
Job Code : NPR307 Producer/Editor
Back to top