Principal Security Engineer - Spectrum Enterprise
- Charlotte, NC
Client Reference Code: 266583
At a glance:
- Are you a security engineering expert skilled at identifying and resolving potential threats and vulnerabilities?
- Can you commit to a leadership role improving security operations and service delivery?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Principal Security Engineer I, you focus on fortifying our network operations and service delivery through the implementation of new security technologies and the enhancement of existing ones. You accelerate company growth by working closely with Network Engineering and technical staff to monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats. You excel at identifying threats to Spectrum Enterprise's signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. You maximize company-wide efforts by serving as the technical network security expert.
You accelerate remediation efforts by leading and coordinating the incident response process for Network Security Operations. You have an aptitude for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to see network security restored efficiently and effectively. Using your industry expertise, you upgrade existing technologies to integrate the latest threat intelligence, develop requirements for new operational countermeasures and deploy them. You thrive in an office environment working with multiple internal teams. You report directly to the Director of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
- Design and implement process and control procedures to correlate security-relevant systems and application log data in order to alert and report on potential security events.
- Drive the security event incident response lifecycle by leading all security countermeasures.
- Ensure that Spectrum Enterprise's network is securely configured and appropriately protected through the design and implementation of effective vulnerability management infrastructure and processes.
- Improve the existing security operations through an analysis and revision of the system logic to better detect security threats.
- Efficiently resolve cyber incidents by coordinating and controlling responses.
- Review work plans and designs and advise on security requirement improvements for senior leadership to leverage.
- Maximize the department by mentoring and guiding the work of the technical security team.
- Mitigate risks by complying with security standards, policies and procedures for all security events.
- Maintain project compliance by adhering to industry-specific local, state and federal regulations.
Required keys for success:
- Four or more years of information security operations experience
- Five or more years of IT or network experience
- Five or more years of information security experience
- Expert in network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits
- In-depth understanding of security exploits prevention, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents
- In-depth knowledge of related industry specifications and standards, including NIST, CSRIC, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, DNS, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies protocols
- Knowledgeable of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
- Advanced knowledge in network security design, TCP/IP protocols and topology and network security architecture
- Experience in managing information security events and incidents for large, sophisticated networks
- Proven track record of leading teams with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Issue resolution and process orientation skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- History of managing teams and resources during complex and rapid change
- Confident when presenting data to all levels of an organization
- Effective written and spoken English communications skills with all levels of an organization
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge of firewall, intrusion detection systems and router engineering
- Versed in security information and event management (SIEM) and log management tools
- Adept at computer forensics tools, such as Encase or FTK
- Previous experience in a security operations team
- Experience with incident response management
- Bachelor's Degree in cybersecurity, computer science, information systems or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Master's Degree in cybersecurity or a related field (preferred)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (required)
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training in UNIX, Cisco or Juniper (required)
- Certified Ethical Hacking Certification (CEH) (preferred)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification, such as GCIH, GCIA, GPEN or GCED (preferred)
Job Code : ESE601 Principal Security Engineer I
Back to top