Principal Network Developer I - Spectrum Enterprise
- Austin, TX
Client Reference Code: 259342
At a glance:
- Are you a network development professional talented in deploying service engine platform upgrades and applications?
- Can you commit to a role completing technical projects that improve revenue and enhance the client experience?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about improving revenue, operations and the client experience. As the Principal Network Developer I, you combine your technical expertise and understanding of company objectives to develop, deploy and test services as part of our service engine platforms. You excel at empowering clients with upgrades and enhancements to microservices, end-user applications, service templates and resource adapters. You have a keen ability for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to see that projects are completed efficiently and cost-effectively. You thrive in an office environment developing network enhancements for internal and external clients across the Spectrum Enterprise footprint. You report to the Manager of Network Development and Enterprise Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
- Be an impactful member of the Network Development team and support all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Build and develop service engine platform projects by utilizing in-depth knowledge of software development and network engineering knowledge of Cisco, Juniper Adva and Rad devices for all areas of the platform.
- Maximize the department through an end to end productization of created services.
- Enhance efficiency through an understanding and application of Spectrum Enterprise's continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
- Improve quality assurance using expert knowledge of our command line interface to execute test cases using our testing framework and adding them to the test suite for services and resource adapters.
- Increase efficiency through the development of micro-services, APIs and service templates that define the client services.
- Ensure continuous network operations by developing resource adapters that act as firmware to the network devices.
- Provide accurate GIT source control repositories through regular check ins and code reviews.
- Mitigate risks by deploying code to development, quality assurance, staging and production servers using the continuous integration and deployment pipeline platform.
- Promote efficiency and reduce cost through an understanding and application of Agile sprints, standups, retrospectives and planning sessions.
- Guide Network Developers on platform extending, developing, testing and deploying to improve the overall performance of the service engine platform.
Required keys for success:
- Seven or more years of experience in software development and network engineering
- Proficient software development skills in Python, Git Source Control, Jenkins CI/CD, SQL, Web services, MuleSoft and Docker
- Knowledge of network engineering skills such as ONF SDN associate, CCIE/ JNCIE, MEF-NF, MEF-CECP and MEF SDN-NFV
- Understanding of Ethernet, IP and TDM-based network and architectures
- Experienced in routing protocols, network topologies and Metro Ethernet Forum Technical Specifications
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with scaled Agile framework, roles and philosophy
- Expert in software lifecycle and industry best practices for development
- Client-focused and service-oriented
- Proven business planning, forecasting, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Confidence developing and delivering data-driven presentations and reports to executives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Seven or more years of experience in a scaled agile framework
- Familiar with network service orchestration
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Master's Degree in computer science or engineering (preferred)
Job Code : ESW601 Principal Network Developer I Exempt
Back to top