Network and Systems Administrator
- Charlotte, NC
Client Reference Code: 264884
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means ... You're ready to inspire and be inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we're looking for: The Sr. Broadcast IT Engineer will partner with the News and Sports Engineering and Technical Operations team to design, architect and support broadcast IT infrastructure supporting 24/7 news/sports production environment. Provides support for all broadcast IT technical facilities, equipment and software applications for local News/Sports operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Operations team to develop broadcast IT systems supporting local News/Sports production.
- Document and maintains broadcast IT system and contribution network infrastructure diagrams.
- Gather user production workflow requirements and implement broadcast IT technologies to further enhance production efficiency.
- Design and architecture of end user computing platform.
- Manage vendors and system integrators in broadcast IT system new builds or upgrades.
- Provide regional and onsite support for broadcast IT systems and network infrastructure for 24/7 News/Sports production and program origination.
- Diagnose and implement fix agents or develop alternative methods to overcome unexpected technical problems to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast.
- Troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement.
- Document and maintain equipment maintenance history database and generates status reports for both users and supervisor.
- Work with multiple service providers in maintaining station's WAN connectivity.
- Install and upgrade systems components and software.
- Ensure adherence to corporate IT policies and best practices for broadcast IT infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of operational procedures and make recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to lead small to moderately complex projects
- Strong technical proficiency in configuration of ASA Firewalls
- Significant experience in administering Mac, Linux, and Windows systems that includes Windows XP, 7, 10 workstations, Windows 2003/2008/2012 server, and SQL Enterprise server preferred
- In-depth knowledge of an experience designing and maintaining large scale routed and switched networks
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and a functional level
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports
- Ability to interface with internal company and division personnel at various levels and outside equipment vendors and suppliers
- Individual could be asked to be on call
- Ability to travel when needed to support any broadcast IT issues that arise
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license for authorized driving in the state of residence
Education & Experience:
- Minimum four year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment preferred
- 5+ years Information Technology experience
- 5+ years Management Information Systems experience
- 5+ years Broadcast Engineering experience
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
Job Code : NEN320 Sr Broadcast IT Engineer Exempt
Back to top