Director, Marketing Planning & Analysis
- Darien, CT
Client Reference Code: 260287
The Spectrum Director of Marketing Planning & Analysis is responsible for developing integrated marketing strategies. This includes planning, implementing, analyzing, and reporting on strategies across multiple channels and departments. To fulfill these functions, this individual will:
- Analyze and monitor overall marketing performance against goals and recommend strategies to increase revenue that are effective, on time, and on budget. This should be done objectively and without bias for a given marketing channel while also understanding the needs of each channel.
- Project manage & plan integrated marketing campaigns from inception through post campaign analysis across direct marketing, media and digital.
- Partner with the marketing science, competitive, and research teams to fully understand customer behavior, triggers and metrics.
- Develop next generation multi-channel marketing campaign metrics.
- Work with Sales channels (specfically Inbound) and Marketing departments on call budgeting, forecasting and projections. Understand the underlying "why" behind these figures so that efforts can be made to improve measures that are within Marketing's control.
- Develop strategic testing structure. Create consistency in measurements across channels and a best practice for the marketing department.
- Develop and utilize technology to create marketing dashboards for consistency & insights
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads the planning of goals, strategy, tactics and measurement for integrated marketing campaigns enterprise wide to drive sales and results across all product lines.
Develops metrics for success; works with the DBM Technology and Operations team and Digital Marketing to create next-generation marketing campaign measurement platform, reporting and analysis. Requires a deep understanding of how systems work and how to get at data to drive analysis.
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Forecasts defined metric performance, identifies opportunities to improve results, enhance contact strategy or extend reach.
Meets or outperforms metric goals.
Works with cross-functional teams including Digital Marketing, Media and Direct Marketing to develop marketing recommendations and facilitate metrics and reporting to analyze performance.
Tracks and analyzes results to drive marketing efficiencies and effectiveness.
Manages and evaluates marketing campaigns, tests and makes recommendations.
Identifies areas of opportunity for new programs and campaigns. Drives marketing ROI through innovative reporting and process improvements.
Builds, manages, and reports on budget roll-up.
Collaborates with teams across marketing and the entire organization to recommend, develop and execute successful marketing campaigns.
Leverages post campaign analysis to identify campaign effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements.
Project manages multiple plans and initiatives at once.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Familiarity in mass, digital and direct marketing
Expertise in planning, budgeting and goal setting with metric-driven KPIs
Ability to mine, analyze and interpret data to make recommendations. Ability to turn data into actionable insights.
Strong knowledge of cable and mobile products and features, cable and mobile marketing and programs
Strong attention to detail balanced with the ability to think strategically
Highly developed capacity for teamwork
Understanding of customer journey and customer experience
Exceptional leadership, communication and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and develop recommendations autonomously
Ability to manage all phases of multiple projects from beginning to end with sufficient autonomy
Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties in a fast paced environment
Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience
Ability to present to executive management
Ability to make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
Ability to manage and foster change
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline and/or an equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
8+ years: Direct, mass and/or digital marketing experience
8+ years: Advanced Marketing Campaign Analytics
6+ years: Marketing Technology
6+ years: Sales and Marketing Operations/Project Management
Knowledge of cable television, high speed Internet and phone (fixed Voice and Mobile) products and services preferred, with specific experience within marketing planning, data, technology operations and advanced campaign analytics.
Job Code : MGN725 Dir, Marketing Exempt
Back to top