Billing Operations Technical Analyst II - QA/Testing
Client Reference Code: 253769
Position is responsible for the development and maintenance of system automations inside and outside of the billers for testing needs Enterprise product catalog (MEC). This position anticipates and supports the analytical needs for the business areas within the Billing Operations organization. This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and improving both current and future automated processes and reporting needs. The primary responsibility for this role is to design, develop, implement, analyze, and communicate operational information to various organizations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience and the needs of internal clients and projects.
Actively and consistently supports key operational initiatives and critical production tools as well as MEC testing and environment management.
Testing (automated and manual) of new offers and configuration using the MEC/order engine (OE) offer structure. Works to identify and solve complex issues related to software deployment processes and environments.
Assist in the implementation of billing software standards and processes.
Gather, analyze, refine, validate, document and maintain complex systems requirements for requests related to billing systems and reporting needs.
Analyze system interdependencies, system requirements, risks, and risk mitigations that could impact or be impacted by the delivery of new products, services, processes and/or support technologies including assessing and communicating impacts of systems changes and/or outages/risks to the business.
Define, document, implement, communicate and track related systems rules, policies and configurations.
Make recommendations based on data for process improvement and strategic business decision making.
Deliver on project commitments and assists team members to ensure timely project completion.
Understand policies, procedures, and practices for analysis of business performance and impact.
Create change requests that illustrate and explain any alterations to be made in the Billing system. Examples include new automations such as applying credits, changes to accounts, audit data pulls etc.
Manage, validate and document any changes to the Billing system.
Ensure that all changes made to the Billing system are consistent with the approved change request.
Ensure full compliance of all audit requirements.
Assure timely completion of all assigned projects and ensures that the results are of a consistently high quality and meets or exceed the business need.
Research and resolve ticket requests from end users that relate to billing issues.
Work cooperatively with other department resources to accomplish objectives.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience related to database reporting tools, Macros, queries, SQL and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to create, enhance, and maintain the data structures required to run ad hoc or recurring reports.
- Ability to gather and manipulate large data sets from various sources for reporting and automation
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or business related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 4-7 years of Database reporting experience
- 2 years of Ordering/Billing system experience
- 2 years of Business operations analysis experience
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Knowledge of multiple database/reporting systems in a telecom industry
- Knowledge of basicALM, Selenium testing framework
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (TSQL, PLSQL) and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Knowledge of Microsoft VBA
- Office environment
Job Code : CBI355 Billing Ops Tech Analyst II Exempt
Back to top