Associate Producer - Spectrum News Albany
- Albany, NY
Client Reference Code: 270178
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means ... You're ready to inspire and be inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we're looking for: Spectrum Networks is looking for an Associate Producer who will be responsible for producing content for assigned shows and newscast. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write news stories for an assigned show and/or newscast, ensuring content is factually correct and written in a clear and concise conversational style
- Verify stories are written to the pictures being edited and/or vice versa
- Follow through on all assignments meeting required deadlines, including contributing to story ideas and development
- Fill-in producing shows and newscasts as needed
- Conduct pre-interviews and on-camera interviews
- Participate in shooting, scripting and editing, as directed
- Perform editing functions as needed
- Work in a computerized newsroom environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong broadcast news writing ability
- Ability to anticipate situations and meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the local market
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems a plus
- Basic editing skills
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- 2+ years Television news experience
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
Job Code : NPR105 Associate Producer Nonexempt
Back to top