- New York, NY
Founded in 2017, SPARK Neuro is a platform-enabled neuroanalytics company specializing in practical applications of neuroscience. Through an integrated approach that leverages neuroscience expertise, proprietary algorithms, and machine learning, SPARK Neuro drives objective insights about the functioning of the human brain—all with precision on the order of milliseconds.
SPARK Neuro is trusted by major brands, ad agencies, TV networks, movie studios and the US Military. Partners include, Anheuser-Busch, Barclays, Clorox, FedEx, Fidelity, General Motors, JetBlue, Hulu, Mars, NBC, Paramount, State Farm, Universal, and Walmart. SPARK Neuro has been featured for its innovative research by CNN, ABC News, The Washington Post, and AdWeek.
About the role:
SPARK Neuro is seeking a Grant Writer to identify opportunities for grant funding and write/submit proposals. This person will be a self-starter who can take initiative to build and leverage relationships with internal and external scientists and research partners. We’re looking for an excellent writer with experience pursuing and winning grants for scientific research. A successful candidate will lead and own this work.
In this role you will:
- Write, prepare, and submit a portfolio of grant proposals for SPARK Neuro or its subsidiaries
- Communicate with and manage input from the executive, finance, and science teams during the proposal design, development, and implementation phases
- Strategize with internal stakeholders to align goals and objectives, scope, feasibility, and program funding needs
- Research prospective funders and generate opportunities
- Build relationships with key scientists and research partners
- Stay informed on grant-making strategies and histories to prepare briefing materials
- Maintain grant development calendar and ensure deadlines are met on a timely basis
What we’d like to see:
- Ability to write clearly and effectively while maintaining attention to detail (grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Masters or PhD in Cognitive Psychology or Neuroscience
- Proven track record of writing and winning grants for scientific research, preferably in cognitive psychology or neuroscience
- Medical and military domains preferred, not required
- Ability to work independently and with teams to manage multiple assignments and deadlines
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Chelsea. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes unlimited PTO, full health coverage, a fantastic office culture, and most importantly, a well-stocked kitchen.
Back to top