SPARK Neuro is an applied neuroscience company revolutionizing the evaluation of audience engagement in advertising and entertainment. Instead of relying on traditional research methods, we go right to the source, measuring brain and nervous system activity.
SPARK’s research is trusted by major brands including GM, Clorox, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, NBC, Universal Pictures, Telemundo, and Netflix. SPARK Neuro has been featured for their innovative research by CNN, ABC News, The Washington Post, and AdWeek.
About the role:
The DevOps Engineer will implement timely, high-quality technical deliverables in support of Spark Neuro’s post-modern, automation-centric software development and operations lifecycle. This position collaborates, codes, operates, and evangelizes.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate, analyze, engineer and implement DevOps solutions
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery processes and tools
- DevSecOps - Continuous compliance control monitoring
- Collaborate with other leaders on technical architecture design and technologies
- Audit existing architectures, documenting best practices and recommendations
- Optimize performance and efficiency
- Forecast utilization and capacity requirements
- Troubleshoot and deliver prompt issue resolution
- Work with development teams to engineer highly available/scalable applications
- Implement configuration management frameworks and change management processes
- Build operational visibility solutions including monitor, alert, graph, log aggregation tools
- Automate provisioning of infrastructure and environments
- Create and manage development environments for developers
- Travel to our headquarters in New York, NY USA periodically for team events.
- Recommend best practices & improvements to current operational processes
- Communicate status and planning activities to stakeholders and team members
- Project level work: Keep ticket statuses, time logs and reports current
- DevOps Engineers are expected to be able to lead projects from requirements through delivery to completion
What we’d like to see:
- Linux and Windows scripting experience
- Full-stack development support for production applications and systems
- Strong understanding of cloud-based architectures
- HA and scalability techniques including load balancing, autoscaling, caching
- Infrastructure-as-code experience using Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Understanding of core operational processes - incident and problem management, change management, working with SLAs
- Support common application stacks: Python, C#/.net, C
- Be fluent in at least 1 object oriented language, preferably Python
- Continuous delivery and deployment patterns and tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, K8s, etc)
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong drive and well-cultivated personal habits for continuing education
- Interfacing with stakeholders, excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage expectations and provide level of effort estimates
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in West Village. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes unlimited PTO, full health coverage, a fantastic office culture, and most importantly, cold brew on tap.
Back to top