Data Scientist - Neuro Focus
- New York, NY
SPARK Neuro is an applied neuroscience company revolutionizing the evaluation of audience engagement in advertising and entertainment. Instead of relying on traditional research methods, we go right to the source, measuring brain and nervous system activity.
SPARK’s research is trusted by major brands including GM, Clorox, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, NBC, Universal Pictures, Telemundo, and Netflix. SPARK Neuro has been featured for their innovative research by CNN, ABC News, The Washington Post, and AdWeek.
About the role:
SPARK Neuro is seeking a Data Scientist with a concentration in encephalography (EEG) research. This role will primarily help support our scientific development team, but also may help support additional teams including product, software development, and client services teams. The ideal candidate is adept at using and analyzing EEG data sets to to produce insights, and communicating those insights clearly to team members. Experience in the development, measurement, and analysis of EEG markers related to emotion, attention, decision-making or other cognitive processes is of particular interest, but not required.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate in scientific development projects using EEG in tandem with other neural and behavioral measures
- Collaborate with client services team to analyze and interpret data
- Develop and implement statistical analysis procedures
- Develop software to increase efficiency and effectiveness of client services team
What we’d like to see:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Psychology, or Neuroscience (or related fields)
- Experience with EEG research
- Proficient in Python and R
- Advanced statistics knowledge, including analysis of time-series data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill, including ability to report on at times complex insights derived from statistical analysis
- Knowledge of multivariate statistics, bayesian inference, and neural network algorithms
- Familiarity with UNIX shell scripting
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in the West Village. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes unlimited PTO, full health coverage, a fantastic office culture, and a fully-stocked kitchen.
Back to top