Web Developer (Back-End)
Spanx is a brand for women, by women. We obsess comfort, deliver results and ensure you look as good as you feel. We think forward, and give back. We believe that we are stronger together. And together, we will make the world a better place…one butt at a time.
SPANX is looking for a back-end Web Developer that is a pro at working with Magento. This is a new role within an evolving dynamic, collaborative ecommerce team, and is primarily responsible for the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Core Job Functions:
- Customize Magento 2 EE by building custom modules while following Magento standards.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers, with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection including Magento patches and upgrades
- Code integrations between various 3rd party applications and systems.
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- Troubleshooting and fixing technical bugs
- Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- Deploy code in high availability, high traffic web cluster
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge in back-end development in Magento 2 using best practices & proper coding standards
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and deployment strategies with Git
- Proficient with code debugging tools such as XDebug
- General knowledge of running local environments with Vagrant
- Proficient understanding of security principles
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- General knowledge on basic SEO best practices
- Overall knowledge of ecommerce website structure, functionality, and usability
- Familiarity of using website analytics to help inform decisions
- Ability to work both independently and with a close collaborative team
- Strong understanding of performing code traces to track down performance gaps
- Extreme attention to detail
- Team Player
- Sense of Humor
- 2+ years of experience developing on the Magento platform, preferably Magento 2 enterprise
- 5+ years of full stack web development experience in ecommerce, preferably with a brand
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in the development of a successful branded ecommerce website from initial concept through the go live process.
Meet Some of Spanx's Employees
Director Of Sales
Alyson drives Spanx sales on the selling floor. She monitors consumer spending and uncovers inventive ways to increase brand momentum—managing teams around the world.
Back to top