Technical Designer, Hosiery
- Atlanta, GA
Spanx is a brand for women, by women. We obsess comfort, deliver results and ensure you look as good as you feel. We think forward, and give back. We believe that we are stronger together. And together, we will make the world a better place…one butt at a time.
- Conducts and manages fit sessions to determine and execute proper fit: including measuring and prepping samples for fitting, taking notes and digitals during fit sessions
- Generating technical packages for factory including: clear and organized fit comments, sketches/digitals, specifications and construction details.
- Ensure that products are developed in-line with SPANX established fit and function standards
- Communication to the factory regarding and fit, specification or construction questions
- Partners with Design team on initial stage sample development and any specifications needed
- Responsible for managing the adherence of the time and action calendars during the product development process.
- Travel to factories to work with technical teams to advance fit approval timelines
- Expert knowledge of hosiery or seamless fit, yarns, knitting constructions, dye and finishing
- Strong communication skills with peers and cross-functional partners. Comfortably and effectively communicates with senior executives using diplomacy and tact.
- Takes the initiative to get things done and drive the business forward. Eliminates roadblocks. Makes good decisions through wisdom, analysis and strategic thinking.
- Recognize potential production, quality, and/or costing issues to the team and propose action steps necessary to resolve
- Act as a positive, supportive team player and cross-functional partner consistently demonstrating our shared values and high standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in circular knitting development, hosiery or seamless
- Ability to build collaborative cross functional relationships
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills to prioritize workload and motivate to advance Technical Department objectives
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft, Adobe Applications, PLM, etc
- Flexibility for domestic and international travel up to 5-10% of time
Back to top