Sr. Technical Design Manager
Tehnical Design Sr. Manager – Cut & Sew Shapewear and Intimates
Spanx is a brand for women, by women. We obsess comfort, deliver results and ensure you look as good as you feel. We think forward, and give back. We believe that we are stronger together. And together, we will make the world a better place…one butt at a time.
- Conducts and manages fit sessions to determine and execute proper fit: including measuring and prepping samples for fitting, taking notes and digitals during fit sessions
- Generating technical packages for factory including: clear and organized fit comments, sketches/digitals, specifications and construction details.
- Communication to the factory regarding and fit, specification or construction questions
- Creates and standardizes blocks, fit specifications, etc. for the vendor to use to expedite the approval process
- Partners with Design team on initial stage sample development and any specifications needed
- Leads situationally and mentors team on fit evaluation, balance and proportion of fit. Maximizes strengths of direct reports and identifies opportunities for skill improvement. Delivers timely, direct, and actionable feedback. Empowers others through delegation.
- Monitors department workload within team to manage workflow and business needs as they evolve. Anticipates future consequences and creates or adjusts action plans accordingly.
- Strong communication skills with peers, direct reports, and cross-functional partners. Comfortably and effectively communicates with senior executives using diplomacy and tact.
- Takes the initiative to get things done and drive the business forward. Eliminates roadblocks for self and the team. Makes good decisions through wisdom, analysis and strategic thinking
- Travel to factories to work with technical teams to advance fit approval timelines
- Expert knowledge of fit, patterns, fabrics, grading, and construction standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 10+ years of experience in Intimate Apparel and/or Shapewear field
- 2+ years management experience
- Ability to build collaborative cross functional relationships
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills to prioritize workload and motivate to advances
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft, Adobe Applications, PLM, etc.
- Flexibility for domestic and international travel up to 5-10% of time
Meet Some of Spanx's Employees
Kelli serves as a Keyholder and part of the Management Team at Spanx. She considers strengthening the Spanx community through genuine connections essential to her role.
Back to top