Senior Manager, Technical Design, Apparel
Spanx is a brand for women, by women. We obsess comfort, deliver results and ensure you look as good as you feel. We think forward, and give back. We believe that we are stronger together. And together, we will make the world a better place…one butt at a time.
The Senior Manager of Technical Design for Apparel is responsible for examining and measuring proto, fit and production samples to ensure accurate execution of requested measurements, quality, construction and overall fit of garments. This candidate will have stepped experience in Women’s Apparel for both Cut & Sew and Woven’s. They will aid Designers in achieving desired point of view of garments when creating technical packages and evaluating overall fit and construction.
You’ll love it because you will
- Expert knowledge of fit, patternmaking, fabrics, grading, and construction standards
- Leads situationally and mentors team on fit evaluation, balance and proportion of fit. Maximizes strengths of direct reports and identifies opportunities for skill improvement. Delivers timely, direct, and actionable feedback. Empowers others through delegation but capable of being hands-on when needed.
- Monitors department workload within team to manage workflow and business needs as they evolve. Anticipates future consequences and creates or adjusts action plans accordingly.
- Strong communication skills with peers, direct reports, and cross-functional partners. Comfortably and effectively communicates with senior executives using diplomacy and tact.
- Takes the initiative to get things done and drive the business forward. Eliminates roadblocks for self and the team. Makes good decisions through wisdom, analysis and strategic thinking.
- Conducts and manages fit sessions to determine and execute proper fit: including measuring and prepping samples for fitting, taking notes and digitals during fit sessions
- Generating technical packages for factory including: clear and organized fit comments, sketches/digitals, specifications and construction details.
- Communication to the factory regarding and fit, specification or construction questions
- Creates and standardizes blocks, fit specifications, etc. for the vendor to use to expedite the approval process
- Partners and encourages partnership with Design team on initial stage sample development and any specifications needed
- Travel to factories to work with technical teams to advance fit approval timelines
- 8+ years of experience in apparel development
- 5+ years management experience
- Ability to build collaborative cross functional relationships
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills to prioritize workload and motivate to advance Technical Department objectives
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft, Adobe Applications, PLM, etc.
- Flexibility for domestic and international travel up to 5-10% of time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
Back to top