Spanx is a brand for women, by women. We obsess comfort, deliver results and ensure you look as good as you feel. We think forward, and give back. We believe that we are stronger together. And together, we will make the world a better place…one butt at a time.
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for planning, developing and communicating the product assortment and championing the product category as the lead for the cross-functional team. This strategic, results-oriented individual will lead productive consumer focused product assortments to drive growth and profitability.
- Cross-functional product category champion and conduit between design, development, production, planning, marketing and sales; demonstrates end to end understanding of the value chain
- Delivers assortments that bring stories to life at retail in a compelling and relevant manner for the target consumer
- Builds an integrated line plan framework; edits/assorts product collections that both draw the customer in and drive results
- Applies foundational retail math (turn, gross margin, markup, sell-thru etc.) to drive informed and profitable pre-planning and in-season decisions around assortment mix, depth and productivity
- Understands the competitive landscape and models opportunities with data and analytics
- Identifies and resolves price/value overlaps and conflicts
- Leverages products and product mix to elevate brand and drive revenue growth and profitability
- Big Picture Thinker
- Results Driver
- Collaborator and Communicator
- Talent Developer
- ‘A’ Player
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ years merchandising experience developing a fashion brand
- Strategic thinker and doer, with the ability to see business potential in complex situations and provide clear solutions
- Outstanding analytical skills including retail math, margin analysis and inventory management
- Ability to be creative and analytical simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability/desire to work without regimented systems and processes
Meet Some of Spanx's Employees
Director Of Sales
Alyson drives Spanx sales on the selling floor. She monitors consumer spending and uncovers inventive ways to increase brand momentum—managing teams around the world.
Back to top