Spanx is a brand for women, by women. We obsess comfort, deliver results and ensure you look as good as you feel. We think forward, and give back. We believe that we are stronger together. And together, we will make the world a better place…one butt at a time.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the customer & competition through regular shopping of the retail floor
- Research and identify trend directions; perform and review competitive analysis; oversee and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, inspirational photos
- Create a trusted aesthetic that is brand aligned
- Create and send completed tech packs/PLM collaborations- Strong PLM skills
- Attend proto fittings/problem solve.
- Partner with technical designers while building product. Create patterns when needed.
- Provide leadership on styling, fabrication, and color development, as well as technical innovation.
- Design and execute development of initial seasonal category in context of larger assortment and cost structure. Ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Incorporate knowledge of cost of goods, suggested retail pricing, and margin implications into the development of line.
- Develop and present product line to internal teams and management (explain and teach features and benefits).
- Understand and incorporate consumer preferences, retail customer needs, competitor activity, and other trends relating to product categories and segments.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility
- Communicate regularly with product development manager to gather input and share line development direction
- Communicate on a daily basis with factories to share line development direction or product changes
- BA or BS degree in the field of design is a strong plus
- A minimum of 5+ years in apparel development and fashion design.
- Specific expertise in Apparel, a must. Knit experience required, Woven experience a plus.
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Ability to support Director
Meet Some of Spanx's Employees
Kelli serves as a Keyholder and part of the Management Team at Spanx. She considers strengthening the Spanx community through genuine connections essential to her role.
Back to top