Vice President of Engineering
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Holdings is seeking a VP of Engineering to help manage and build a world class engineering organization. You will foster an engaging environment and a culture of excellence, defining the methods and standards for how Sovrn builds exceptional products. You'll bring solid experience in Software Engineering, and will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the software development process. You will ensure we have the right structure and development processes that result in healthy feature development and continuous deployment, while also providing technical leadership and mentorship on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Scale and mentor a high-performing, efficient and productive engineering team
- Execute and influence the product roadmap, ensuring quality products ship on time
- Drive architectural & design decisions for Sovrn’s products
- Track and manage key engineering metrics such as team velocity, quality and team morale
- Ability to empower engineering teams and leaders to drive standards
- Passion for new technologies, and implementation of best practices
- Improve code quality and foster a culture of strong engineering design, delivery & quality
- Spot, attract and retain top tier engineering talent
- Passion for being a mentor and technical aptitude to do hands-on technical coaching
- Take risks and can make quick decisions
- 10+ years experience building and leading a global feature-driven engineering teams
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex technical issues
- Expert experience with Scrum and Agile development processes
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Position Reports to: CEO
Back to top