We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is searching for a UI Designer to play an integral role in developing the visual aesthetics and usability of Sovrn’s customer-facing web and mobile applications. You will be working collaboratively with our Product team, UX Designers, and developers to help define and execute all needs for UI creation. You will ensure that the interface behaves in a manner as users would it expect it to, facilitating a seamless and efficient user experience.
- Interpret broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our publishers
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Work with Engineers to ensure timely, and high quality deliverables
- Keep up with the latest trends and best practices of UI/UX design and HCI (human-computer interaction)
- Consistently analyze the bigger picture to utilize social network APIs (from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) to integrate social actions
- Possess excellent communication skills to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Prior experience with front-end programming (i.e. code up a simple web site and/or an application)
- Experience with data display and enterprise web application development is a plus
- Bridge the gap between product strategy and tactical design using creative and effective problem solving
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrable experience with end-to-end product design
- Strong foundation in creating storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Familiarity with WordPress, Squarespace, Drupal and Joomla!
- WordPress, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent visual design skills that demonstrate that end user in mind is at top of mind
Position Reports to: Director of Product Management
Back to top