Staff Engineer (Data Decisioning)
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Staff Engineer on Sovrn’s Data Team, you will help to build and maintain our Data Decisioning product line. This product gives publishers an actionable way of connecting their audiences with advertisers through Sovrn’s Meridian platform. As a Staff Engineer you will be responsible for mentoring more junior engineers and aid in facilitating daily stand-ups.
- Member of an agile team participating across all aspects of software development
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior engineers
- Translate requirement and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Strong experience within Java applications, with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- High level of proficiency in modern object oriented software design and development
- Knowledge of web and internet fundamentals
- Understanding of both relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Source control (GitHub, svn, etc)
- Build and deployment tools (Maven, etc)
- Experience with full SDLC
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java Spring, Hive and Cassandra
- Experience with CICD
- Advertising industry experience
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top