We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Staff Engineer you will be part of our AdTech team as the ‘go-to’ with the capabilities of understanding complex systems and leading systems evolution. You will also help lead software development releases for Sovrn products.
- 8+ years' experience designing, implementing projects in a highly scalable and performant environment using Java, includes experience as a tech lead on a team of 4+ engineers
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- Knowledge of web and internet fundamentals
- Strong Java development and design experience
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Source control (GitHub, svn, etc)
- Build and deployment tools (Maven, grunt, etc)
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Proficient with relational databases, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with full SDLC
- Articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advertising industry experience
- Experience with Hive, Hadoop
Our Tech Stack
- Ad Servers powered by Java, Jetty, Spring, MySQL, Ehcache and Aerospike
- Lambda based data pipeline leveraging Kafka, Apache Storm, Camus, MapR, Redis
Position Reports to: Director of Engineering
Back to top