Sr. UX Designer
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is searching for a Sr. UX Designer, who will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will be designing the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
- Understand complex product requirements to ensure easy and intuitive user flows allowing for a consistent, efficient and light user experience.
- Have a data-driven approach to backup your visual and interaction design decisions
- Facilitate (or translate) product visions by researching, conceiving, wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for Sovrn’s digital products.
- Identify design problems and devise creative and efficient solutions that increase usability and overall user experience of existing and new applications.
- Act as the design expert when collaborating with internal stakeholders such as Product and Engineering to ensure projects are focused on the user experience, and delivered in a timely manner
- Possess excellent communication skills to be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Strong foundation in creating wireframes, information architecture, user stories, and user journeys
- Prior experience with applications such as Axure, and Invision for prototyping as well as wire-framing applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, or InDesign
- Think strategically about the product and apply tactical solutions that drive toward product strategy
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Familiarity with Squarespace, WordPress, Drupal and Joomla!
- Excellent visual design skills that demonstrate that end user in mind is at top of mind
- Experience in data visualization and enterprise web application development is a plus
Position Reports to: Director Product Management
Back to top