Sr. Technical Recruiter
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Sr. Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for managing the overall recruiting lifecycle and our long-term recruiting strategies. You will be a business partner to executives and hiring managers to ensure that our hiring practices are closely tied to building on our culture and achieving our business goals. You will be tasked with adding strong Engineering talent to our growing teams, which will include understanding Sovrn's engineering culture and the technical recruiting landscape within Boulder, Colorado.
- Act as a business partner to executives and hiring managers on all activity related to recruiting process and strategy
- Own the management of all budgeted positions and backfills to ensure that they are appropriately pulled into our consistent recruiting process and managed efficiently towards our hiring goals
- Partner closely with Recruiting Manager on quarterly workforce planning activity to ensure we have the right recruiting resources and position budgets in place to achieve aggressive recruiting goals
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their unique hiring needs and styles, and implement our recruiting process based on best fit with each individual team
- Develop a view into the talent and competitor landscape such that our decisions and strategies around talent acquisition are informed by the best possible information
- Keep the business up to date throughout the cycle on key metrics to present that information in a way that is accurate, up to date, and usable by the stakeholders.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and proposes recommendations for action
- Manage and attend meetup groups and events that will support our overall hiring initiatives
- Mentor junior technical recruiters
- 3+ years of experience recruiting in a fast-paced “start-up” environment
- 3+ years of technical recruiting experience
- Experience recruiting for Java, Big Data and UI Engineers
- Persistent, creative and resourceful
- Proven success maintaining passive candidate pipeline
- Ability to complete both technical and cultural interviews
- Demonstrated ability to close both passive and active candidates in a highly competitive market
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree
Position Repots to: Recruiting Manager
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top