Sr. Demand Account Executive
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
Reporting to the VP of Demand, the Sr. Demand Account Executive is responsible for identifying strategic, long-term partnership opportunities and establishing direct integrations with top tier display, mobile and video demand partners.
This is a highly visible, client facing position responsible for driving new revenue through a broad range of activities including prospecting, leading business discussions with prospective partners, developing growth strategies, negotiating direct deals, driving contract negotiations to completion and managing quarterly business reviews.
As a Sr. Account Executive, the role will require strategy, innovative thinking, and a deep knowledge of overall market conditions and dynamics to help identify growth opportunities and meet quarterly business objectives.
This is not a transactional sales role. Vital to the success of this position will be the ability to identify the most viable demand sources (display, video, and mobile) or strategic partnerships (i.e. native solution), understand the buying needs or revenue opportunity, effectively present our value proposition creating preference for Sovrn supply, map out a business and growth plan, and establish a long-term mutually beneficial partnership.
Internally, the role requires regular communication and knowledge sharing with product, supply, data, and operations team leads, as well as senior management to highlight areas of market opportunity that will help to enhance Sovrn’s product suite, refine our value proposition, evolve the company’s strategic positioning, and improve our understanding of the markets in which we serve and compete.
A positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and professional demeanor are essential along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, sales focused role. Teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity are paramount.
- Secure/grow relationships with video, display, and mobile demand partners across the entire programmatic ecosystem
- Evaluate the ad-tech market for new ideas and opportunities that will contribute to the company’s business strategy and growth
- Build strategic growth plans for new partnerships that increase supply adoption; entice buyers to test new offerings and explore deals; prompt buyers to expand budgets; and ultimately drive revenue to Sovrn
- Work collaboratively with Ops, Data, Supply, and Demand AM’s to execute your strategy and achieve growth targets
- Coordinate and manage partner on-boarding and integration process
- Systematically foster executive relationships articulating and reinforcing Sovrn’s unique marketplace position
- Serve as Sovrn’s evangelist to new demand sources by providing education on our unique supply
- Conduct regular business reviews with new partners to grow revenue and strategic alignment
- Be a thought leader and stay current on industry trends via research, networking, attending conferences, etc.
- A strong understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and value chain
- 7+ years of online advertising experience having interfaced with ad tech companies through a role at a DSP, SSP, ad network, data company, or ad exchange
- Ability to successfully lead all aspects of a partnership (executive meetings, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, aligning tech resources, and discerning the viability of an opportunity)
- The ability to create and formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execute on a plan
- Deep understanding of the needs of both buyers and sellers to effectively manage the relationship and identify new areas of revenue growth
- Experience developing compelling business cases based on evaluating the buyers needs and mapping to the company’s product offering
- Practical experience supporting and servicing partners using advertising products and technology
- Experience building long-term personal relationships and overcoming challenging issues in productive ways
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills – both inside and outside the company – in order to achieve results
Positions Reports to: VP, Agency Partnerships
Back to top