Software Release Management Engineer
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As Software Release Management Engineer you would be responsible for applying software configuration management practices to support the development, testing, and deployment of software applications. Individuals in this position will perform key activities such as software builds, release packaging, and deployment to multiple environments.
Additional responsibilities include supporting application developers tools and processes. Working with QA, Operations, Product, and Project Management teams to ensure the release of quality software in a timely and efficient manner.
- Continually analyze processes to proactively suggest improvements where possible
- Develop scripts and automate processes where possible to improve efficiencies and accuracy of the software build, integration, release, and deployment processes
- Manage multiple release streams within the source code management tool
- Create and maintain SCM process documentation, including configuration management plans, software build procedures, build manifests, configuration specifications and audit reports
- Conduct periodic reviews of user access to the source code repository and work with designated staff to maintain the authorized access and permissions
- Represent the software configuration management discipline in interdepartmental team and work groups
- Communicates status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to team members and leadership in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the development and test teams for code deployments into the respective environments
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release
- Providing Support for the Quality Assurance Team as needed, which will include maintaining and troubleshooting issues that may arise in testing environments as well as assisting with the testing of software when needed
- Basic command line and scripting knowledge
- General familiarity with software development processes
- Experience working with Software Development, QA, Operations, SysAdmin or DevOps teams
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management processes and methodology
- Understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Agile methodologies
- Experience with build automation using Jenkins and or ThoughtWorks GO
- Experience with build technologies such as Maven, Ant, Grunt, or Gulp
- Software Deployment Experience (Automated or Manual)
- Experience with Cfengine, Ansible, Docker, Rundeck, or other deployment tools
- Knowledge of tools/languages: Java, Debian, Ubuntu, Nginx, Apache, SourceTree, Github, Icinga or other monitoring tools
Position Reports to: Director, Software Release Management
Back to top