Software Engineer - UK
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in silos – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will be primarily responsible to help the team with the design, implementation of data ingestion; you will be learning to work in a highly mature agile environment to create the best software possible.
- Work closely with more senior engineers for mentorship on new technologies and the craft of delivering high quality code.
- Capable of solving problems and issues found in our systems.
- Work closely with more senior engineers to understand product/feature requirement, write quality code based on best practice, follow Sovrn engineering process, and deliver on commitments.
- Assist in customer support when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in science and technology related programs such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, etc.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of design patterns and their consequences
- Interest in technologies such as Backbone.js, React.js, Node.js
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Efficient with HTML/JS/CSS
- Computer science fundamentals
- Comfortable with Unix operating systems and the command line environment
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Demonstrates ability to keep current with emerging technology trends and research
- Strong desire to expand and improve your software engineering skills
- Ability to organize unstructured information with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Will communicate issues, mistakes, concerns and brainstorm resolutions with pertinent stakeholders as needed
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top