We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Software Engineer on the Publisher Utilities Team, you will be tasked with building and maintaining our Unified Reporting product line, which provides a one-stop-shop for publishers to view their performance and reader data.
- Work within an agile team to develop publisher utilities and build high performance features for customer facing UI
- Translate requirements and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Experience designing and developing software products with a focus on front-end UI
- Experience with single page application development using modern JS frameworks such as React, Angular, or Backbone
- Knowledge of web and internet fundamentals
- Understanding of both relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Experience with source control tools (GitHub, svn, etc)
- Experience with build and deployment tools (Ant, Maven, etc)
- Experience with full SDLC
- Excel in a fast paced, agile development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java Spring, Hive and Cassandra
- Experience with automation test frameworks, ideally Selenium
- Advertising industry experience
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Back to top