Software Developer in Test
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET) your primary focus will be to aid in supporting the sovrn development teams by building and supporting test automation and tools. You will provide test automation guidance to developers, analyze test data to shape valuable test scenarios and research / implement new test automation tools and practices.
- Apply your programming and software test expertise to design, build and maintain test automation to support regression, integration, functional and systems testing.
- Design test scenarios for complex features
- Implementing and automating existing test cases
- Author bug reports and write/maintain test documentation
- Determine how and what to automate
- Maintain and improve automated test suites / frameworks
- Continually research and learn relevant new technologies & tools
- Create a detailed test plans
- Experience with open source and/or licensed testing tool such as: FitNesse, SoapUI, Jmeter, Selenium WebDriver, Saucelabs or Cucumber
- Experience setting up and executing tests in a CI environment (Jenkins, Cruise Control, etc.)
- Passion for QA, and a knack for identifying tests that break code
- Able to handle multiple challenges at once, while being able to prioritize those tasks accordingly
- Ability to use various browser development tools, and understand HTTP protocols
- Strong Linux/Unix background
- Understanding of black box, white box and grey box testing approaches, and when to use them
- Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and initiatives with attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, listening and negotiating skills
Position Reports to: Director of Software Release Management
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top