We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
We are looking for talented and experienced QA Engineers to join our agile development teams. You will work side by side with product management and our developers to create, test, and release quality software in a timely and efficient manner.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Software Quality Assurance or Test Automation Role
- Working knowledge of Agile development approach
- Desire to learn and grow your skill set (via automation, new tools, new approaches, etc)
- Can clearly define and knows the difference between white box and black box testing
- Understands the difference between front end and back end development
- Ability to create a comprehensive test plan for complex test scenarios
- Feels comfortable working as an independent QA resource embedded within a development team
- Enjoys collaborating with developers, business owners, and product owners on a daily basis
- Has the ability to define the following testing methods: unit, integration, regression, user interface, automated, and boundary testing
- Continuously evaluates with their agile team what is the most effective way a QA resource can help with testing
- Comfortable with frequent context switching
- Ability to maintain a professional and cooperative attitude with all team members
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to identify patterns in data at both a macro and micro scale
- Willing to work/test on incomplete features, by narrowing scope of testing to the parts that are complete
- Can effectively communicate with product and business leads to clarify requirements and validate required behavior and define acceptance criteria
- Familiar with project management tools (Jira), test case management tools, CI tools (Jenkins, Cruise Control, GO)
- Unix/Linux command line usage including directory navigation, permissions, I/O redirection, command piping, file transfer, file editing, grepping/searching, identifying, starting/stopping, killing daemons and processes
- Comfortable working in test and production environments
- Experience Testing Java based applications
- Basic understanding of relational databases (SQL, hive, hadoop, etc)
- Experience parsing server side logs in a linux/unix environment
- Experience testing REST APIs
- Ability to use various browser development tools, and understanding of HTTP protocols
- Experience setting up and executing tests in a continuous integration environment (Jenkins, Team City, GO, Crusise Control, etc.)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience testing Flash and/or HTML5 video players
- Has worked with large data sets
Experience with any of the following tools a plus:
- Advanced REST Client
Knowledge of or experience in any of the following data applications also a plus:
For more information, please visit http://sovrn.com/company/careers or follow on Twitter @sovrnHoldings.
Meet Some of Sovrn's Employees
Director, Demand Operations
Alaina works with advertisers and technology buyers to enable and encourage them to place or buy ads on the publishing site. Then, she helps customers understand their ad’s performance.
Back to top