Programmatic Sales (Inside Sales)
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.
As a Publisher Advocate (Programmatic Sales) you will be responsible for opening new relationships with publisher accounts and growing their month-over-month revenue. The role requires daily outreach to video, display, and mobile publishers. This position works closely with the marketing team to
ensure an ongoing flow of quality outreaches is achieved. Publisher Advocates will evaluate
market data and look for key performance metrics that can be improved upon to grow publisher
response and revenue.
- Recruit new publishers and develop business opportunities
- Work with publishers to help optimize their account needs and provide basic account management expertise once on-boarded
- Contact prospective publishers via phone and email
- Continuously update and add new events in SalesForce (SFDC)
- Assist and provide requested information for marketing efforts
- Introduce new campaigns and/or ad products to new and existing publishers
- Monitor and analyze performance trends in individual accounts
- Cultivate knowledge of the digital advertising landscape, from programmatic and RTB campaigns to mobile, pre-roll video, skins, and Private Marketplaces
- Provide a value-add to key publishers by educating them in the industry and helping them realize a holistic ad-revenue strategy
- 1+ years' of experience sales, advertising, account management, or business development
- Excellent prospecting and closing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Internet savvy and strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Excel, Gmail)
- Basic Salesforce.com (SFDC) knowledge (ie: creating different views, dashboards, and reports)
- Ability to evaluate business opportunities
- Highly articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of ad serving technology, ad networks and the online advertising industry in general
- Prepared to be accountable and compensated for your own activities and results
Reports to: Director of Publisher Services / Manager of Publisher Services
Back to top